Water or shall I say the Universal Salivate, is one of the most simple and yet so impossible substances on Earth. It’s many properties have amazed and captivated scientist around the globe.
- The Water Molecule is a Polar Molecule this means it has more negative electrodes on one end than positive and in this case the oxygen atom has more electrodes then the two hydrogen atoms.
- Water has the property of Cohesion .Cohesion allows the water molecules to stick together .This is why a drop of water is always a perfect sphere.
- Adhesion is the property of water that allows itself to pull other water molecules. The property can even cause water to move upwards against gravity.
- Obvious Fact: Water boils at a temperature of 100 degrees Celsius and freezes at 0 degrees Celsius.
- To evaporate water the hydrogen molecule bonds must brake away from the oxygen molecule.